For a complete list of closures and requirements for each dial level, as well as the full text of Amended Public Health Order 20-36, click here.
For more information on the dial, visit CDPHE’s website.
Las Animas County will move from orange to red — severe risk — on the state’s COVID-19 dial on Dec. 7 at 5 p.m., according to the Las Animas Huerfano Counties District Health Department.
“We do not have the official letter yet,” local health director Kim Gonzales wrote Friday morning, “but wanted to give advanced warning.”
Some key changes for the county under the state’s updated Level Red requirements include:
- Personal gatherings with people outside of your household are prohibited.
- Indoor dining at restaurants is prohibited; use takeout, curbside or delivery options instead. Outdoor dining is permitted with those in your household.
- Last call is at 8 p.m., bars are closed.
- Gyms are limited to 10% capacity, or 10 people indoors per room, or outdoors in groups less than 10. Reservations are required.
- Indoor events are closed.
- Outdoor events are permitted at 25% capacity, not to exceed 75 people.
- Both critical and non-critical retail are limited to 50% capacity and should increase their curbside pick-up and delivery services.
- People who are at higher risk for getting COVID-19 or experiencing severe illness must stay at home.
For a full list of requirements, visit CDPHE’s website.
General Guidance for Our Community
Under Level Red, “Severe Risk,” everyone must take these actions:
- Continue to stay home as much as possible.
- Vulnerable people at high risk of severe illness from COVID-19, such as older adults, must continue to only leaving home for medical care and essential activities.
- When you go out, follow physical distancing requirements (6 feet of space between yourself and others).
- Do not go to work if you are sick.
- People who have COVID-19 symptoms should get tested, and must isolate unless they have a negative test result. Please read how to isolate.
- Individuals in Las Animas are required to wear a mask in indoor public settings, as well as outdoor public settings where 6 ft. distancing cannot be maintained.
- No personal gatherings with individuals from outside of your household.